|(Photo credit: Wikipedia)|
RICHMOND – Governor Terry McAuliffe announced additional appointments to his administration. The appointees will join McAuliffe’s administration focused on finding common ground with members of both parties on issues that will grow Virginia’s economy and create more jobs across the Commonwealth.
Secretariat of Finance
R. Neil Miller, Deputy Secretary of Finance
Neil Miller most recently worked as Virginia Commonwealth University’s budget director. Prior to his time at VCU, he served as Deputy Secretary of Finance in the administration of Governor McDonnell. Before moving to Richmond from Alexandria, he practiced with the law firm of DLA Piper LLP (US) in Washington D.C. focusing on corporate finance and securities law and served as an Attorney-Advisor in the Division of Corporation Finance at the U.S. Securities & Exchange Commission. Neil holds a Bachelor of Science (BSBA) degree in Finance from the University of Florida, a Juris Doctor (JD) from Villanova University School of Law and a Master of Laws (LLM) in Securities and Financial Regulation from the Georgetown University Law Center.
Secretariat of the Commonwealth
Advisory Board on Respiratory Care
- Hollee Freeman, PhD of Richmond, Executive Director, MathScience Innovation Center
- William McGuire Farmer of Salem, General Manager, Farmer Auctions
- Michael S. Phillips of Richmond, Program Coordinator, Virginia Clean Cities and Project Manager for the Virginia Department of Mines, Minerals and Energy
- Linda W. Terry, AARE, CAI, GRI of Richmond, Broker/Auctioneer/Partner, Tranzon FOX
Board of Forestry
- D. Keith Drohan of Ruther Glen, Manager-Market Origination, Dominion Generation
- James Harder of Blacksburg, PhD Candidate, Center for Public Administration and Policy, Virginia Tech
- J. Kenneth Morgan, Jr.* of Clarksville, Chairman of the Board, Morgan Lumber Company, Inc., President, Sunrise Shavings, LLC and Vice President, Morgan Lumber Sales, LLC
Board of Nursing
- Joana C. Garcia, LCDR, United States Navy (Ret.) of Fairfax Station
- Marie F. Gerardo, MS, RN, ANP-BC of Midlothian, Adult Nurse Practitioner, Virginia Commonwealth University/MCV, House Calls/Transitional Care Manager
- Jean Ellis Holmes* of Prince George, Retired Higher Ed Administrator
- Jennifer Marie Phelps, LPNIII/QMHPA of Lynchburg, PACT Nurse, HORIZON Behavioral Health / Central Virginia Community Services
- Leslie S. Rubio of Richmond, Comptroller, Premier Appraisal Group, Inc.
Institute for Advanced Learning and Research
- Betty Jo Foster, EdD* of Ringgold, Adjunct Professor, Danville Community College
- Chris A. Lumsden, MHA, FACHE of South Boston, President, Halifax Regional Health System
The Library Board
- The Honorable Jon Bowerbank* of Rosedale, Chairman, Russell County Board of Supervisors, President / CEO / Owner at EMATS, Inc.
- Kristin Cabral, JD of McLean, Community Leader
- M. David Skiles* of Centreville, Government Relations Advisor & Director of Northern Virginia Client Services, The Vectre Corporation
Tobacco Indemnification and Community Revitalization Commission
- Rebecca Coleman of Gate City, Consultant, Regional Adult Educational Program, Lee, Scott, Wise and Norton City Public Schools and former Chief of Staff, Congressman Rick Boucher
- Missy Neff Gould of Danville, Market Director Community & Government Relations, LifePoint Hospitals
- The Honorable Franklin D. Harris of Amelia, Member, Amelia County Board of Supervisors
- The Honorable Edward Owens of South Boston, Mayor, Town of South Boston and Owner, Edward Owens Agency
- Douglas Densmore of Roanoke, Attorney, The Law Firm of CowanPerry P.C.
- William W. Harrison, Jr.* of Virginia Beach, Partner, Williams Mullen
- Lou Mejia of Alexandria, Partner, Perkins Coie LLP
Virginia Apprenticeship Council
- Robert B. Benson of King George, Superintendent, King George County Schools
Virginia Board for Asbestos, Lead and Home Inspectors
- Colleen Becker, CIH, CSP* of Williamsburg, Certified Industrial Hygienist, Certified Safety Professional and General Manager, Marine Chemist Service, Inc.
Virginia Council on the Interstate Compact on Educational Opportunity for Military Children – Virginia Compact Commissioner
- Steven R. Staples, Ed.D. of Williamsburg, Superintendent of Public Instruction, Virginia Department of Education