We are going to examine some of the information on the Gloucester Main Street Preservation Trust site and see what can be made of it.
- Manage the asset known as Main Street Center
- Support the Gloucester Main Street Association by providing office space,funding the Director's office along with marketing, advertising and website initiatives.
- Manage the façade improvement grant program
- Partner with Gloucester County and the community to create and have adopted a sub plan for the Court House village area
- Develop a billboard on Route 17 to attract people to Main Street
- Work with consultants to strengthen the already existing businesses on Main Street
- Work with consultants to devise business recruitment strategies for Main Street
- Manage the database of available spaces for lease and sale along Main Street
- Become a business resource for new business looking to locate on Main Street by providing support and information to navigate the process
- Continue to be a resource for those property owners seeking historic tax credits through rehabilitation of their buildings
- Assist is establishing a fund for long term capital investment (revolving loan program)
- Introduce the MSPT to the community and its organizations. Share our projects and initiatives
- Actively market the new event space at Main Street Center to the community as a venue for meetings and events both publicly and privately
The above comes off the Gloucester Main Street Preservation Trust site and is copied here under the DMCA fair use laws of the US. http://mspt.org/about.html is a link to the page where the above is located.
We want to take a bit of a different look at the above information and see if what they say may have a hidden meaning than appears. The first area is "Partner with Gloucester County and the community to create and have adopted a sub plan for the Court House village area". Well we see that this has happened. And just what does a third party non profit entity have getting into the business of the local government? With Louise Theberge on the board of the Gloucester Main Street Preservation Trust, it was a shoe in. Plus it shows the intention of embedding themselves into the local government?
"Become a business resource for new business looking to locate on Main Street by providing support and information to navigate the process".
Could that be interpreted as become a snoop to learn how much money someone has and steer them to the inside circle of contacts to suck as much money out of would be business owners? Think about it. Give free resources and people will think you are trying to help them. You can then steer them to partners who will bilk them dry for fees on setting everything up for them.
Are we saying this is what they are doing? No. But we are saying that it has the appearance that this can happen and have no idea if this is happening. But ask yourself, why else would they do this for free? They are getting valuable information from you. Are you willing to risk your money? You know what they say about free advice. What's it worth?
"Work with consultants to device business recruitment strategies for Main Street".
Again, what is in it for a non profit organization to do something like this? You have to ask these questions. Is it again to see how much money someone has and see how much money you can suck out of their pockets? You have to wonder.
Free MP3 Download. The Easton Ellises - "Dance It", is the track for this post. Our way of saying thank you for spending time with us.
For all the latest news, please click on the Home button towards the top of this site.
Have a news story? Submit it above.
Some of Gloucester's most incredible history is found on this site in detail.
Gloucester, VA Links and News – A GVLN Website.
We cover what no one else will.