- Animal Control Help, Gloucester, VA
- E-Z Pass Web Site, Pay, Order, Accounts
- Free Area Codes And Time Zones Directory
- Free Resources And Databases
- Gift Shop
- Gloucester, VA Calendar of Events
- Gloucester, VA Jobs
- Gloucester Links and News 2
- Gloucester VA News Site
- GVLN Additional Resources
- Links Directory
- Virginia 511 Traffic Alerts
- Zip Code Directory Database
Friday, April 25, 2014
|(Photo credit: BOMBTWINZ)|
Alpha with their album, Infernus. It's called dark ambient music that is great for setting certain types of moods. Not the type of stuff you find at your local music store. And the best part about this is the fact that these tracks or entire album is completely free. Play the tracks. Download what you like or download the entire album. The choice is yours. Enjoy.
- Free Mp3 Album, The Bladed by Velvorn
- Free Mp3 Album, String Quintets No 2 & 3 By, Dee Yan-Key
- Departure by Capashen, Free Mp3 Album Downloads
- Amity In Fame, Through, Free Mp3 Album Downloads
- Roger Subirana Mata, Between Worlds, Free Album Mp3 Downloads
- Free Mp3 Album Downloads, Ancient Kingdoms (Vol. 2) Koke Nunez Gomez
Open Letter to the Citizens of Gloucester County Virginia
Thank you to the new Supervisors that kept your campaign promise to hold the line on spending. Accomplishing this while on the job less than four months is something to feel good about. Now you have time to look at cutting expenses next year and in future years.
The Virginia Constitution was written for us to limit the government intrusion into our lives. Have you ever read the Constitution of the United States? How about the Constitution of Virginia?
I have followed the proceedings to get to a new budget with great interest. Mr. Bazzani I think next year you should push to contract the complete school system not just non teaching positions. The Kiser’s indoctrination of the teachers, staff, and students that spoke in the BOS meetings show that they are not capable of teaching (I do not place all teachers in this group just those that spoke to the BOS). Abraham Lincoln was correct when he stated “…you can fool some of the people all of the time….” Who in their right mind would say and get published in the local gossip sheet, that you cannot contract out bus drivers because we cannot hire enough bus drivers? That is the reason to contract out. I thought papers used facts not worthless opinions? Has the paper been indoctrinated also? Does that make the paper more useless or less useful? You decide!
Let me provide some information. The BOS does not have a magic pot to get money from they take it from you and me. The School Board with the assistance of the School Administrator and the staff inform the BOS of the funds they would like to receive. The BOS determined how much to give them. In my opinion, the BOS choose to limit the funding since the School Board has not shown they are capable of being good stewards of the Taxpayers money. Check out Mr. Thompson’s blog site if this is news to you.
Now here is a news flash for the teachers, staff, and students that went after the BOS. The School Board determines how to spend the school funds. The School Board will spend the money on The Kiser and his staffs’ impenetrable castle with guards to keep out normal people rather than on teachers, books, and support staff. You need to get the School Board to do their job and set the priorities for the money they receive rather than them acting like sheep and giving The Kiser what he wants? When The Kiser started as Gloucester School Administrator our schools met the standards. At the end of the tenure our schools do not meet the standards? The School Board gave him raises? Why was he not fired? I do not blame the BOS they should have greatly reduced the spending not just held it constant. Only in the schools do you fail and get a promotion?
I am not a lawyer and cannot give legal advice. Our founding fathers used common sense and Christian scripture when establishing our founding documents.
“For the Common Good. “
Alexander James Jay
P.S. "It is a very great mistake to imagine that the object of loyalty is the authority and interest of one individual man, however dignified by the applause or enriched by the success of popular actions." --Samuel Adams, Loyalty and Sedition, essay in The Advertiser, 1748
- Gloucester, VA Board of Supervisor's Video and Notes March 18th, 2014
- Gloucester, VA School Board Budgets
- Gloucester, VA BoS Meeting, April 15th, 2014 With Newsletter
- Gloucester, VA Page Middle School Dis Service Announcement 4 With Video
- Gloucester, VA Board of Supervisor's February 18th, 2014 Meeting Agenda Information
- Gloucester, VA School Board's Appalling Pleas For Additional Funding - Video
|The bitcoin logo (Photo credit: Wikipedia)|
There is no greater point of weakness in Bitcoin than a 51% attack. A fifty-one percent attack can shut down the network. This video discusses all the attack vectors available to an attacker. And there are many, even worse, the devastation available is catastrophic. While a 51% attack doesn't appear to offer a lot of financial gain, history is not just made up of rational actors.
James goes through Transaction Denial of Service, Selfish Mining, Monopoly Mining and Double Spending, finding fault with proposed patches and solutions. It is not pretty. As Gavin Andresen says, if someone was able to run a 51% attack "that would be bad". We agree. It would be very bad.
At the end of the video we discuss protocol changes that would make an attack much more difficult. We highlight Proof of Stake as a fallback algorithm. The biggest advantage is that POS provides a MUCH higher cost to the attacker for perpetrating such an attack. That, would be good.
In part one, we go through a cost analysis of the current hardware needed to launch a successful 51% attack to get a better picture how much it might cost. Unfortunately, the numbers are lower than expected, and most of the previously published values come in three to fifty times higher than actuality. In part two we will talk more about what an attacker might be able to do (double spending is not the worse tool at their disposal) and we prod at some possible solutions. Stay tuned
- Bitcoin 101 - Understanding Bitcoin (pt. 3 of 3) - A Beginner's Guide
- Bitcoin 101 - Fun with Brain Wallets (Making and Playing With Them) - Bitcoin Security
- Coinbase - No Easier Way To Get Started With Bitcoin
- The New Bitcoin Revolution
- 2013 Bitcoin News Podcast Learning, Let's Talk Bitcoin E12
- Bitcoin 101 A Beginner's Guide - Part One Video