|English: taken with camera (Photo credit: Wikipedia)|
RICHMOND – Governor Terry McAuliffe announced additional appointments to his administration. The appointees will join McAuliffe’s administration focused on finding common ground with members of both parties on issues that will grow Virginia’s economy and create more jobs across the Commonwealth.
Secretariat of Public Safety and Homeland Security
The Honorable Algie T. Howell, Jr., Vice-Chair of the Parole Board
Algie T. Howell, Jr., served in the Virginia House of Delegates for the past 10 years, representing the 90th District. He was a member of the House Appropriations, Rules, Health, Welfare and Institutions, and Privileges and Elections Committees. He also serves on the Secure Commonwealth Panel, the Joint Commission on Administrative Rules, the Joint Commission on Healthcare and several others commissions and boards. Prior to his election to the Virginia House of Delegates, Algie served on the Norfolk Public School Board and served as the President of the Norfolk Chapter of the Southern Christian Leadership Conference. Howell is a veteran of the U.S. Air Force and retired in 1990 as a GM-13 Equal Employment Opportunity Specialist and Labor and Employees Relations Specialist.
The Honorable Henry L. Marsh, III, Commissioner of the Virginia Department of Alcoholic Beverage Control Board
Henry L. Marsh, III, served in the Virginia Senate for 23 years, representing the 16th Senate District. Marsh served as Co-Chair of the Courts of Justice Committee, and also served on the Finance, Transportation, and Local Government Committees. Marsh was the first African-American to serve as Chair of the Courts of Justice Committee from 2008 to 2011. Marsh is also the Co-Chair of the Virginia Justice Reinvestment Initiative that works with national experts to formulate policies and programs to reduce incarceration rates. Marsh serves on many other commissions and boards across the Commonwealth. Prior to being elected to the Senate of Virginia, Marsh served on the Richmond City Council from 1966 to 1991 and was elected as Richmond’s first African-American Mayor in 1977. In addition to his distinguished service as an elected official, Marsh has received numerous awards for public service and leadership, including his selection for the “2013 Martin Luther King, Jr., Lifetime Achievement Award” from the Richmond Branch NAACP.
Randy Wright, Deputy Director, Virginia Lottery
Randy Wright is a Norfolk native who served on Norfolk City Council from 1992 to 2010, chairing the Council’s Economic and Community Business Development and Transportation Committees. Wright led the effort to bring The Tide light rail system to Norfolk. Wright has also served on numerous local, state and national boards, including the Ghent Business Association, the State Board of Corrections and the Bank of Hampton Roads Norfolk Community Board. He served as Chair of the statewide blue ribbon commission on Transportation in Urbanized Areas and Chair of the Virginia State Board of Commerce.
Secretariat of the Commonwealth
Board of Game and Inland Fisheries
· The Honorable Watkins M. Abbitt, Jr., of Appomattox, Former Owner, Conner Abbitt Insurance Agency and Managing Partner, Abbitt Realty
· Clayton L. Spruill of Virginia Beach, Supervisor/Principal, Chesapeake Juvenile Services
Common Interest Community Board
· Beth Johnson, CPA, of Haymarket, President, Johnson, Bremer, & Ignacio CPAs, P.C.
· Kim Beard Kacani* of Henrico, Vice President – Land Acquisition and Business Development, HHHunt
· Christiaan P. Melson* of Chantilly, Founder & President, CFM Management Services
· Katie E. Waddell, CPCU of Henrico, Senior Underwriter, Mutual Assurance Society of Virginia
· David Watts of Annandale, President of Truro Homes Association
Council on Women
· Lashrecse D. Aird of Petersburg, Executive Assistant to the President, Richard Bland College
· Carol Rick Gibbons of Midlothian, Vice President & Senior Associate General Counsel for Employment Law at Capital One
· Meredith Johnson Harbach of Richmond, Associate Professor of Law, University of Richmond School of Law
· Sally A. Mullikin of Richmond
· Marcia Simone Price of Newport News, Office Manager at Dental Care of Oyster Point
· Susan Johnston Rowland of Chesapeake, Chief of Staff to Delegate Lionell Spruill
· Rita Surratt* of Clintwood, President/CEO Dickenson County Chamber and Dickenson County Director of Tourism
Fair Housing Board
· Myra Howard of Richmond, State Farm Agency Owner, State Farm Insurance
· Linda R. Melton of Glen Allen, Vice President, Mortgage Loan Consultant, SunTrust Mortgage, SunTrust Bank
· Larry B. Murphy of Chester, President and CEO, Urban Development Corporation
· Andrew Reisinger* of Ashland, Managing Director, Pharaon Capital LLC
· Robert W. Schaberg of Henrico, Founder and CEO, AMURCON Companies and Founder, Virginia Nonprofit Housing Coalition
Southern Regional Education Board
· The Honorable Janet D. Howell of Fairfax, Senator, Virginia State Senate
State Executive Council for At-Risk Youth and Families
· The Honorable Robert “Rob” Coleman of Newport News, Councilman; Major/Services Bureau Chief, Newport News Sheriff’s Office
· The Honorable Anita D. Filson of Raphine, Chief Judge for the Juvenile & Domestic Relations District Court, 25th Judicial District
· The Honorable Catherine M. Hudgins of Reston, Supervisor, Hunter Mill District, Fairfax County Board of Supervisors
· Jan Schar of Great Falls, Advocacy and Consulting
· Jeanette Troyer, MSN, RN, NE-BC of Accomac, Performance Management Coordinator and Data Analyst, Atlantic General Hospital
State Water Control Board
· Robert L. Dunn* of Chester, Retired
· Roberta Kellam of Franktown
Transportation District Commission of Hampton Roads
· Linwood Branch of Virginia Beach, Hotelier, Lynn-Dee Motel, Inc.
Virginia Commonwealth University Health System Authority, Board of Directors
· Arline D. Bohannon, MD, of Richmond, Associate Professor of Internal Medicine, Virginia Commonwealth University Medical Center
· George P. Emerson of Chester, Founder, Owner, President of Emerson Builders, Inc.
· The Honorable Tyrone Nelson of Henrico, Board of Supervisors, Henrico County, Varina District; Pastor, Sixth Mount Zion Baptist Church, Richmond
Virginia Waste Management Board
· Michael Benedetto of Virginia Beach, President & Owner, TFC Recycling
· Jeffrey T. Crate, PG of Blacksburg, Senior Consultant and Former Principal & Vice President, Draper Aden Associates
· Eric K. Wallace of McLean, President & CEO, EnviroSolutions
* Denotes reappointment