|IADC Seal (Photo credit: Wikipedia)|
RICHMOND – Governor Terry McAuliffe announced additional appointments to his administration today. The appointees will join McAuliffe’s administration focused on finding common ground with members of both parties on issues that will build a new Virginia economy and create more jobs across the Commonwealth.
Secretariat of Veterans and Defense Affairs
Jaime Areizaga-Soto, Deputy Secretary of Veterans and Defense Affairs
Jaime Areizaga-Soto serves as a military attorney (JAG) in the Army National Guard, holds the rank of Colonel, and commands a Judge Advocate Detachment. In 2013 he was activated to attend the war college (Inter-American Defense College) in Fort McNair from which he recently graduated and where he served as class president. He is a former White House Fellow at the U.S. Treasury Department and served as the Senior Attorney Advisor at the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID). Mr. Areizaga-Soto graduated from the School of Foreign Service at Georgetown University and upon graduation was commissioned as a Second Lieutenant in the U.S. Army. He holds a Masters of Science in Security and Defense from the Inter-American Defense College, a Mágisterfrom the Academia Nacional de Estudios Políticos y Estratégicos (ANEPE) of Chile, and ajuris doctor and Masters of Arts in Latin American Studies from Stanford University. He is a 2009 graduate of the University of Virginia’s Sorensen Political Leaders Program. He serves as Vice President of the Hispanic National Bar Association (HNBA), is a lifetime member of the National Guard Association of the United States (NGAUS), and is fluent in French, Portuguese and Spanish.
Secretariat of the Commonwealth
Board of Visitors for Gunston Hall
· David S. Mercer, Esquire of Alexandria, Founding Partner, MercerTrigiani LLP
· Nell Payne, Esquire* of Washington, DC, Director, Office of Government Relations, Smithsonian Institution
· Tim J. Sargeant* of Fairfax Station, Manager, state and local affairs, Dominion Virginia Power
Family and Children’s Trust Fund Board of Trustees
· Candace Bryan Abbey of Arlington, President, Abbey Road Advisors; Washington Director, Lantos Foundation for Human Rights and Justice
· Yasmine P. Taeb, Esquire of Arlington, Program Director, Center for American Progress; Commissioner, Arlington County Human Rights Commission
Secure Commonwealth Panel
· Mike Mohler of Springfield, President, Virginia Professional Fire Fighters, and the Fairfax County Professional Fire Fighters and Paramedics union.
State Health Department Sewage Handling and Disposal Appeal Review Board
· Dean Stone, PE of Rocky Mount, President, Stone Engineering Inc.
State Rehabilitation Council
· Lauren Snyder-Roche of Poquoson, Disability Rights Advocate
Virginia Board for Asbestos, Lead and Home Inspectors
· Jim Haltigan of Staunton, President, SEMCO Services, Inc.