|BLOOD PRESSURE CHECK (Photo credit: U.S. Army Korea (Historical Image Archive))|
Blood pressure rises with age but these are some ways to keep it at bay, according to research presented at an American Heart Association Scientific Conference
1. Listening to enjoyable music lowers blood pressure in middle-aged people. Singing along or stretching to the tunes are options.
2. Eating whole grain cereal on most days of the week can lower the odds of elevated blood pressure by up to 25 percent. Eating more fiber-rich foods reduces blood pressure, cholesterol, and body weight.
3. Increasing the amount of potassium in your diet also helps to combat hypertension. These are some good sources:
• 1 medium banana contains 422 mg potassium and 108 calories• 11-14 fl oz of coconut water contains approximately 560 to 670 mg potassium and 60 calories
4. People who are more physically active are less likely to have high blood pressure, even if they eat a high-salt diet.
http://amazingwellnessmag.com/health-research-updates/ Link back to original story from Amazing Health Magazine website.